Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Next Level Aviation® Appoints Mike Fleener as Senior Vice President of Global Sales

    August 19, 2026

    SOUEAST UAE launches S08 Luxury following the success of the Flagship S08DM

    August 19, 2026

    Indonesia 6.1 earthquake rattles North Sumatra coast

    August 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Rabat BuzzRabat Buzz
    • Automotive
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Health
    • Lifestyle
    • Luxury
    • News
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Travel
    Rabat BuzzRabat Buzz
    Home » Musetti defies the odds in Hamburg to win his first title
    Sports

    Musetti defies the odds in Hamburg to win his first title

    July 26, 2022
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Email

    ATP 500 champion Lorenzo Musetti will never forget the emotions he felt when he lifted his maiden Tour-level trophy in Hamburg after overcoming disrupted preparations. Before the Hamburg European Open, Musetti had lost six of his six matches on the tour and arrived in the German port city without the rackets that had been packed in his case, according to Reuters.

    Musetti defies the odds in Hamburg to win his first titleHe was able to arrange his playing gear well in advance of the tournament, however he suffered from food poisoning in the days leading up to the event. “I arrived here… with all the strikes, one of my luggage (bags) got lost. (It was) the one with the rackets, so I was a little concerned about how I would play,” Musetti told the ATP Tour after his victory. “The night before I played in the match, I threw up all night. I had food poisoning, so I felt slightly under the weather. I didn’t expect to go as far as I did, so I’m happy that my luck turned around at this tournament.”

    When he faced Serbian Dusan Lajovic in the first round of the tournament, he was on the verge of his seventh straight loss. However, he saved two match points before winning the tournament for the first time since May. It was Musetti’s first championship final on Sunday, while his opponent Carlos Alcaraz, 19, had won all five Tour-level finals he had reached.

    The Italian wasted five championship points in the second set but found the mental strength to down Alcaraz, who on Monday became the youngest player to break into the world’s top five since Rafa Nadal in 2005, 6-4 6-7(6) 6-4 in a thriller. “For me it’s a dream. Obviously, I always dreamed about winning a title and I didn’t have any chances before,” said Musetti, who rose to a career-high ranking of 31. “It’s the first time, so I have no words to describe how it feels. “The emotions I had today, I will keep it in my heart and my head for a long time.”

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Email

    Related Posts

    Portugal fall to Spain as Ronaldo legacy closes

    July 7, 2026

    Brazil exits World Cup after Norway Round of 16 victory

    July 6, 2026

    Oyarzabal brace sends Spain past Austria at World Cup

    July 3, 2026

    Mexico advances after 2-0 win over Ecuador in World Cup

    July 2, 2026

    Harry Kane lifts England into World Cup round of 16

    July 2, 2026

    Norway reach World Cup knockouts with 3-2 Senegal win

    June 24, 2026
    Latest News
    News

    Indonesia 6.1 earthquake rattles North Sumatra coast

    August 19, 2026

    Indonesia’s Meteorology, Climatology and Geophysics Agency, known as BMKG, located the earthquake at 0.65 degrees south latitude and 98.32 degrees east longitude. Its intensity data showed the strongest reported shaking in North Tapanuli, where residents experienced intensity IV. Several areas in West Sumatra also recorded noticeable tremors. The earthquake reached communities in Padang, Padang Pariaman, Pariaman, West Pasaman and Agam. Residents across other parts of Sumatra also reported shaking after the magnitude 6.1 earthquake. The National Disaster Mitigation Agency, or BNPB, said the earthquake had no potential to generate a tsunami. Residents in South Nias felt weak shaking for about three to five seconds. Local disaster offices began monitoring affected areas after the tremor, while the initial national bulletin provided no confirmed casualty or damage figures.

    DRC Ebola outbreak sets national death toll record

    August 17, 2026

    DRC malaria cases surpass 26 million in 2025

    August 17, 2026

    South Korea auto exports reach $6.24 billion in July

    August 14, 2026

    Total solar eclipse crosses Russian Arctic and Europe

    August 13, 2026

    Etihad sets December start for Abu Dhabi Gothenburg flights

    August 13, 2026
    © 2026 Rabat Buzz | All Rights Reserved
    • Home
    • Contact Us

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.