Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Next Level Aviation® Appoints Mike Fleener as Senior Vice President of Global Sales

    August 19, 2026

    SOUEAST UAE launches S08 Luxury following the success of the Flagship S08DM

    August 19, 2026

    Indonesia 6.1 earthquake rattles North Sumatra coast

    August 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Rabat BuzzRabat Buzz
    • Automotive
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Health
    • Lifestyle
    • Luxury
    • News
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Travel
    Rabat BuzzRabat Buzz
    Home » Second phase of India’s petroleum reserves programme begins
    Business

    Second phase of India’s petroleum reserves programme begins

    July 29, 2021
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Email
    India is expanding its strategic petroleum reserves programme, the Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas, Rameswar Teli, told the lower House of Parliament, the Lok Sabha. In the second phase of its petroleum reserves programme, approvals were given this month for establishing two additional commercial-cum-strategic storage facilities with a total capacity of 6.5 million metric tonnes (MMT) in underground storage structures. The approvals were announced by the Minister today in reply to questions from Lok Sabha members.
    Second phase of India's petroleum reserves programme begins

    In the first phase of India’s strategic petroleum reserves programme, an agreement to store oil from Abu Dhabi at strategic petroleum reserves in India was signed between the two sides in January 2017 during a visit by His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, to New Delhi.

    Following the agreement, first cargo of crude oil from the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) was shipped to India 16 months later as reported by the Emirates News Agency, WAM, on 12th May 2018. Subsequent shipments have been ongoing as part of the agreement. The expansion of India’s strategic petroleum reserves into its second phase envisages new facilities at Chandikhol in Odisha state with 4 MMT capacity and another at Padur in Karnataka state with 2.5 MMT capacity.
    Both facilities will be built by way of public-private partnerships. The Request for Proposals (RFPs) for building these new facilities is under finalization, Teli said. The government had allocated Indian rupees 2.1 billion (US$ 155.4 billion) in its budget for last year for land acquisition for the expansion in the second phase.
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Email

    Related Posts

    South Korea auto exports reach $6.24 billion in July

    August 14, 2026

    Diesel prices rise as US and Europe fuel supplies tighten

    August 12, 2026

    Europe heatwave puts EU economic growth under pressure

    August 11, 2026

    Denmark inflation slips to 1.7% with core rate steady

    August 11, 2026

    Gold clears $4,400 while US inflation data takes focus

    August 11, 2026

    South Korea heat wave drives fresh food prices higher

    August 10, 2026
    Latest News
    News

    Indonesia 6.1 earthquake rattles North Sumatra coast

    August 19, 2026

    Indonesia’s Meteorology, Climatology and Geophysics Agency, known as BMKG, located the earthquake at 0.65 degrees south latitude and 98.32 degrees east longitude. Its intensity data showed the strongest reported shaking in North Tapanuli, where residents experienced intensity IV. Several areas in West Sumatra also recorded noticeable tremors. The earthquake reached communities in Padang, Padang Pariaman, Pariaman, West Pasaman and Agam. Residents across other parts of Sumatra also reported shaking after the magnitude 6.1 earthquake. The National Disaster Mitigation Agency, or BNPB, said the earthquake had no potential to generate a tsunami. Residents in South Nias felt weak shaking for about three to five seconds. Local disaster offices began monitoring affected areas after the tremor, while the initial national bulletin provided no confirmed casualty or damage figures.

    DRC Ebola outbreak sets national death toll record

    August 17, 2026

    DRC malaria cases surpass 26 million in 2025

    August 17, 2026

    South Korea auto exports reach $6.24 billion in July

    August 14, 2026

    Total solar eclipse crosses Russian Arctic and Europe

    August 13, 2026

    Etihad sets December start for Abu Dhabi Gothenburg flights

    August 13, 2026
    © 2026 Rabat Buzz | All Rights Reserved
    • Home
    • Contact Us

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.